We’re transitioning into the summer time — it’s awesome! I love the summer time and I don’t know one person that doesn’t.
But for some, summer time can present a lot of challenges if you’re a man (or a woman) and you struggle in your purity journey.
The Bible speaks to this kind of transition and how we use our time:
- Psalm 90:12 says: “So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.”
- Ephesians 5:15-16 says: “Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.”
I remember the summer time being a HUGE time of struggle for me in my former addiction to pornography.
3 strategies to consider:
- Survey your schedule – This really speaks to your life structure.
- Consider your community – Who do you have in your life that really knows you?
- Take inventory of your technology – Are your devices protected? Do you need them all?
I think “transition” times are meant to be times of great learning for us a men & women in recovery.
The “in-between” places can teach us a lot about ourselves and what God wants to do in each one of us.
I say this every year, but make this summer the greatest summer yet for yourself. Make your recovery count!